A finicky guy's exploits in finding gustatory (and other) satisfaction in his kitchen, his neighborhood, and beyond.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In which Michael bids adieu (temporarily)

Hello, those of you who are still bothering to check my blog for new posts.  I know that I haven't been providing much incentive lately to return here.  But I have a good excuse, I hope you'll agree.

I have decided to focus all my creative energies in the coming months on producing a cabaret show.   Like my blog, it's going to be a largely lone venture.  I'm writing the text, choosing the songs, and performing it all myself.  (Well, I AM trying to persuade a certain world-famous model to join me for at least one number.  But we all know how busy Cathy's schedule is.)  When I get a working draft of the show, I will bring in some other people, like a band, a director, a choreographer, and perhaps someone to sew me some costumes.  (I wonder who could do that?)

But, for now, it's just little old me hard at work (between students) writing, practicing, and organizing.  With all these tasks to accomplish, I'm not sure how I'm going to feed myself, much less blog about what I'm throwing together in the kitchen, so I hope you'll forgive me for taking a hiatus from Pleasing My Palate while I indulge another passion.

Thank you all for visiting my blog in the past months -- I hope you'll return once I'm blogging again.  And I hope that many of you will be able to come to my show!  (You might recognize some of the material in that show from this very blog.)

Sincerely,

Michael

13 comments:

  1. ((((Michael))) I will miss you...but you can surely count on me to make it to your show. I wish you well on your new adventure...until we see you again...Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss you. I wish you the best of luck with your show. At least your blog readers will be able to say "Ah, I used to follow him before he was a huge star"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did reassure us all that you have other sources of food, so I wasn't too worried. We'll be here whenever you return. And post a notice when your show-date approaches! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael!! Yay for the cabaret but big BOO on no more blogging! :( Good luck and I'm looking forward to your return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the very best kind of excuse! I wish I did not live half the world away or I would definitely come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't change the title of your blog to 'Pleasing my Performance' and then just blog about your show?

    We'll be waiting for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Break a leg, friend Michael. Best wishes for a successful show. I'll miss your excellent food writing, but, after all, there are only 27 hours in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, Michael! Break a leg! I look forward to your cooking return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have enjoyed your blog immensly.


    as i will your show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, everybody, for the words of support! I think I have my song list (version 3.0) compiled......

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me sad that I don't live anywhere near you to come see your cabaret!! I'll keep my subscription in Google Reader, hoping that you return and if it is in a different incarnation, could you post that here so we who love you can keep track of you?! Pretty please?! Thanks for being hilariously you and good fortune on this next venture! <3 kristen.diane.butler at gmail dot com, KrstnDiane in the blogger world...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, K.D.B. Maybe you can catch my show when we go on our world tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to see how things are going. I miss seeing what you've cooked up for dinner. Hope the cabaret show is coming along swell. xxoo

    ReplyDelete